Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Flowers - Crocus

Nature Photography Prints - Crocus Spring Flowers

Spring is Coming!
And a photo to prove it :-)

Much to my excitement that spring is coming, a small batch of light purple crocus popped up unexpectedly in front of my house. These crocuses were so pretty I instantly wanted to photograph them. I thought, pick a couple and shoot them inside since outside was quite cold and I really like to be warm. But, when I brought them in and put them in some water, right away their perfect petals began to warp and point in all different directions. Somehow I didn't like the the composition of these random petals so I gently bent them down and got this beautiful result of a ball of a flower. So unexpected and lovely. I decided to set my camera to a very narrow depth of field for maximum effect and voila. A soft, silky flower that used to resemble a crocus now this sweet little ball of beauty.

If you enjoyed this photo, please share and hit the +1 button.

No comments:

Post a Comment